Monash University is pleased to offer a free online course on Food as Medicine. This course is for those people who value family, health and nutrition, at the same time with interest in food. This is beneficial to health professionals who seek researched-based information to help in food nutrition to their patients. This freeonline course does not require knowledge in health studies and previous experiences on matters of food and its impact on health but will enhance skills of those in the field of health providers and professionals.
Monash University is one of Australia’s leading universities which is included in the top 100 of world’s best institution when it comes to research and education. It is included in the rank of the world’s 1% according to Times Higher Education World Rankings.In a matter of 50 years after its birth in Melbourne, Australia it has dramatically increased in number and has become the county’s largest university. Even though it is the youngest member of the coalition of most prestigious research-concentrated universities it is highly- regarded and well respected for harvesting awards locally and internationally. Now, it has extended its portal in offering practical and reaching the world through extending online education.
Bearing the name of Monash University, online education is being offered to reach potential people of the world. The free online course on Food as Medicine is a very practical course in the sense that we don’t need advance technology to live longer and healthier. There is a call for watching the food that we eat. There is a must that we need to be mindful of our food pattern to avoid chronic diseases of today’s generation. Having in mind that our food can be a medicine would keep us on track of the quality of food that could help our body achieve its full wellness at the same time give us better decisions on what food to eat. In thisonline educationprogram of the university, the component of the food will be studied and understood so it can be used to improve wellness of the body.
This free online course will run for 3 weeks starting on October 23, 2017. This will be in 3 to 4 hours a daywhich will be taught in English. Application is still ongoing and no deadline is set. Upgrades are available for the convenience of applicants who have limited time to study. For an amount of $79 + shipping, students will have unlimited access to the course as long as it is offered by the university. He/ She will study on his/her own pace and have an access to the course at any point in time in the future. A verified certificate is available at the completion of the course.
The following are the learning outcomes of the course:
- Discuss the latest evidence-based nutrition guidelines and unpick some of the current controversies so that you can decide what’s right for you.
- Learn about what’s in food that gives it the potential to improve our health.
- Learn how to apply the latest nutrition guidelines to improve personal food choices, nutritional intake and take a modern look at how we can use food as medicine.
- Explore key body systems, including the brain and the gut, and explore foods that may play a role in the optimal functioning of these systems.
Please follow the step by step guide in applying for the course.
- Go to the course website link
- Sign Up At FutureLearn
- Select a course and Join
- Once a course has started, applicant will be able to access the course
- After the start date, students will be able to access the course by
following the Go To Course link on My Courses page.
- Applicants can buy, to show that they have completed a FutureLearn
- On some FutureLearn courses, learners will be able to pay to take an
exam to qualify for a Statement of Attainment. (These are university-
branded, printed certificates that provide proof of learning on the course